Friday, January 23, 2009

Apple Bloggers: The Obsession of Fruit Gone Computer

There are a lot of piteously obsessive people in the world.
Now I'm not saying my life is extraordinary, far from it; so you don't have to travel down the path of pointing out that I'm not the most worthwhile and productive member of society.
Anyway, to the point:
I was reading an article during my lunch break about 'Apple Bloggers'. As you may or may not know, January 24th marks the 25th anniversary of the original Apple Personal Computer and these Apple Bloggers are having a field day. Apparently there exists a group of people (who don't work for Apple) who are so, dare I say, devout to the brand name that they spends hours and hours every day just blogging, and chatting about whatever news they can get their keyboard mashing hands on in regards to the next p.o.s that apple releases. Good God, don't these people have anything better to do? I mean, it’s somewhat ironic that I posted a story on my blog about bloggers, but this is so much more than little Suzy dedicating a blog to her little Shitzu ‘Bubbles’. Some of these Apple Bloggers go as far as searching through patent papers to figure out what apple MIGHT be patenting; looking through U.S. business archives to try and map out Apples next moves; this and other fairly extreme measures to attempt to stay in the loop. I can understand if these people are heavily invested in the business, which (according to the article) they are not. These are just regular people who believing that Apple can do no wrong. Seems to me like people need to look at life differently when they are so obsessed with a company's going-on's that they feel it is necessary to somehow invite themselves into the world of a multimillion dollar corporation. Beyond sales, Apple doesn't care about the buyers, why the hell do the buyers waste their time caring about them.

Then again, who am I to judge? Society feeds on gossip. Everything has a following these days, weather it be movies, games, sports, or business. Guess there is nothing different here than anywhere else. Blog on Apple lovers, blog on!

No comments: