Thursday, August 27, 2009

That Time Already

So it’s that time of year again! That’s right; there are only 126 days left in the calendar year before the 21st Century hits it’s first set of double digits. 126 days to make 2009 a year to remember. It’s time to start thinking about the things that have been done and the things that haven’t. Yes sir, it’s time for that fall overhaul. As a wise hick once told me, “Get yir piggies outta the pen and clean up that shit”. Good advice if I do say so myself. I don’t own a pen, or any ‘piggies’ but I do understand the metaphor and should probably head his red neck advice. (Wow! I never once thought I would hear myself say that in my lifetime.) Nonetheless, it’s time to make a change, get the ball rolling, up the ante, clean up the shit! Yet here I am wondering what I can do to make these next 10 and a half dozen days truly worth remembering. I could break the bank and travel the world; take a chance and go skydiving; drop everything and become a hermit. Most likely, however, I will continue with the same daily routine, simply waiting for an opportunity to make something happen. Then again who knows. 239 days down 126 days left. Bring it on little piggies!

No comments: