Monday, October 28, 2013

The Darkest Hours

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it is difficult for me to see it. The end seems so far away, while the entrance still right behind me. To continue forward or to turn around, it is my only choice to make. I stand idling, to walk the long walk or to retrace the path that now lay behind me. I feel as though I’ve come to far, unwilling to admit I wasted my time to this point In the end not making a choice is the only wrong decision I can make. Others around me seem to light their own way, radiating a glow allowing them to see. Darkness consumes my body, as only faint lights are visible to guide me. I have refused to move, as I fear the darkness, the unknown journey to the light calling. There is no one willing to illuminate my way, no one willing to do provide the light. Is this by their own choice, or one I have unknowingly made for them. Regardless, I am aware that no one can help me until I am willing to help myself. If there are indeed roads paved will gold, I would be satisfied with one paved of brass. Forward or backward, it is a choice of doing something, instead I stand doing nothing. It appears to me now that is the choice, not the darkness, that I fear most. It is truly that dark, or are my eyes just closed.

No comments: