Wednesday, July 29, 2009

For The Best

If you only knew
They I doubt you would have stayed with me
If I could prove to you
That it wasn’t all just make-believe
The time we shared
The gifts we gave
The hugs we shared
The games we played
Every moment was as real as it could be
I’m just sorry I couldn’t be your fantasy.

I woke this morning with a headache
The night before I just couldn’t shake
Things went so well, at least at first
Then by night fall that bubble burst
You questioned me, why I can’t provide
Why my feelings fell short, why I never tried
I shake my head I’m so confused
Where did this come from, must be the booze
I’m in this corner now, you’ve boxed me in
I won’t swing wildly instead I’ll listen
Time and time again we act like this
But neither of us would be the first to admit
That this conversation just had to happen
We were both just too scared to hear the answer
The reasons that you explained to me
The hot, the cold, the daily swings
I felt the same way; I just was agreed
Never thought that’d be the end of things
It’s over now and my heads so much clearer
The headache’s gone, but the heartache’s nearer

2 comments:

Angie at Cinema Obsessed said...

Well done sir. *Angie does a slow clap*

JRL said...

Why thank you.
Hey...wait a minute...Oh MY GOD! My heartache, it's gone. Holy crap, who would have thought that a slow clap would be the cure.
Thanks Angie!