Friday, November 20, 2009

A shot in the Dark

I cannot help but wonder what life has planned for me.
Life has introduced me to a person I cannot see
To talk to me as an equal, but it is clear to me
That despite your best efforts, you are in a different league
A league of your own, of extra ordinary players
I become more and more intimidated as I peel back all your layers.
I’m blinded by your life and all you’ve done to date
I’ve accomplished oh so little in the shadow of your fate
You have been put on this earth for far greater things
Than spending time waiting for the joys that I may bring
As much as I am scared of you, I respect all that you can be
I’m just not sure why you want all that to share with me
The more we talk, the more I learn a little about myself
I try to forget the little things, like the riches and the wealth
If ever we should be together in this crazy world
I want it to be genuine and take it for what it’s worth
As I grow to know you I can’t help but feel the spark
My eyes are closed and I pray to God
As I take this shot in the dark

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well done! I really like this one!!!