Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Been a While Since I've Bitched About Something.

So it’s been a while since I posted something. I mean besides today of course. I don’t have a lot to do in the office today, so I’ve decided to write… for the sake of writing – Well in this case it’s more like “bitch for the sake of bitching” – Enjoy!

I’ve decided there are far too many stupid people in the world; I watched a youtube clip of a guy tazering himself. It was pretty funny because the guy was completed knocked out by the shock. This begs the question; who voluntarily tazers themselves that isn’t a police officer in training, or a guinea pig being paid to do it for research purposes? I also watched a kid clothesline himself. I sit and I wonder, “what could possibly posses someone to think this is a good idea?” I understand at that age, one may think they are invincible, and one may think it’s hilarious (which despite trying to make a point about how stupid it is, it is rather funny) but do these people simply lack the gene that says ‘despite the fact that this wont kill me it will still hurt like a bitch’? I don’t know. In talking with Angie, the point was brought up that it is nothing more than the camera that influences this kind of radical behaviour. The idea that one may go viral; a chance at the elusive 15 minutes of fame. This begs another questions however; why would these potential Darwin Award candidates want to be known as the person who tazered themselves? Or the person who thought it would be funny to break and egg in their mouth with a baseball bat? Has stupidity truly become the modern form of flattery? I look at it this way, if I were to take a poll on the streets and ask 100 people if I can punch them in the face for no reason, how many people would say yes? Probably nobody, yet these people seem to volunteer themselves for similar treatment. Perhaps if I filmed it, I would receive a more positive response. The world is a sad, sad, hilarious place.

So who else hates crocks? Seriously, what’s the deal with these “shoes”? I use quotes here because personally I don’t consider them shoes. If anything they are slippers or maybe even sandals, but they are not shoes. I just don’t understand why people would decide to wear something that is neon orange with what is otherwise a regular outfit. I understand they may be comfortable, and under that argument, you have a home in which you can walk around with them on. The cottage? The beach? By the pool? Three other wonderful places to wear these monstrosities, but downtown on a Saturday night… yeah, I’m just going to go walk over here now.

Has anyone else looked at the price of shredders lately? Yes, the office machine that turns paper into smaller strips of paper, or in some cases confetti. Well I assume most of you have not investigated the world of paper shredding, so I will say this about shredders: they are not cheap! The average shredder seems to sell for about 125 bones a unit. I suppose that’s somewhat reasonable, yet from the reviews of shredders, generally speaking, they seem to only have about a two-year lifespan. You would think it would be easier to build something in which the sole purpose of it is to destroy something. I mean, look at the nuclear bomb, that thing is much more efficient – although it can only be used once - but you can forget about any evidence of your credit card numbers, that’s for sure! So the nuke might be a little over the top, but I could purchase a gun for about $125, and not only is that extremely destructive, but it will last more than two years, even with daily use. I forgot where I was going with this, but anyway, I saw a shredder for over $3,000 dollars. Really? For $3,000 I will personally cut up each one of the pages into tiny little pieces! Anyone in need of a sociable shredder?

2 comments:

Angie said...

My crocs are for quick errands, like bringing out garbage, and sometimes going out to pick something up. If I'm going out on Saturday night, I go a little fancier... I wear socks under them. HIGH FIVE!

JRL said...

Best Comment ever!