Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Best Part of Waking Up, is Frustration in Your Cup

To Whom it May Concern

Why is your online billing process so painful? All I want to do is check my current balance and some previous purchases, yet you make the process extremely difficult. First I tried signing up as I was asked to.. I don't know what a client number is, or if I have or need one, but it seems to be rather important because you keep prompting me to enter it. I’m sorry I don’t have one. When I sign up for a “Credit Card session”, I happily provided you with all my information. After spending far too long trying to figure out a password that was exactly 8 characters long and contained both numbers and letters that I would be capable of remembering, I was finally done the registration process… or so I thought. After this I tried to view my balance but was again asked for a client number. Making up numbers apparently did not help. I finally found the button allowing me to view a ‘limited credit card session’ – finally I found what I’m looking for. But wait, my troubles did not stop there, I was again prompted to change my password; what exactly was wrong with the one I original chose? After choosing a new password I was then prompted to… change my password. The system continued to do this until I got too angry to continue; I'm now taking my frustration out on you. Why the hell is your online system so painfully user un-friendly?

1 comment:

JRL said...

Makes me happy to know someone else shares in my anger! :)