Friday, December 11, 2009

The Weight Of Disappointment.

The Weight of Disappointment

I sit here and I worry again
Despite you telling me not to
I worry for you, for your health, and for your peace of mind
I worry too about us, and what we will be.
I worry that maybe we have come as far as we were meant to

I sit here depressed
Because I may once again have my heart broken
I have done this too many times
I am expecting too much perhaps
I fear that maybe we simply are not destined to be.

I dive deeper and deeper into depression
With every minute that passes that I am left alone
You have disappeared again
Already I know that regardless if return or not
You have left a scar on my heart

I sit here again
This same routine of mine
My shoes tied, my pants hemmed, my favourite sweater kept neat
I wait by the phone every minute simply waiting for it to ring.
You have left me here again and taken yet another piece of me
I will smile because I have to
And because I know I should be
I’ll do this countless times again
But one day, it will kill me.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That's pretty intense. Do you need someone to talk to?

JRL said...

No, just a hug!